[OSM-talk] Business Building Conventions

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:19:58 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Andrew Ayre<andy at britishideas.com> wrote:

> Thanks. It's not tagging for the renderer, it's using the renderer to give
> me a hint that I might be doing things wrong.

Fair enough. But generally, I find it's not very useful for that
purpose. Searching the wiki and/or asking the list like you have is
the way to go.

> However, if business names don't appear on the online maps which most people
> will use, I'm not sure how good an investment of my time it is to  go around
> photographing buildings and adding the names. I want what I do to benefit
> the most people.

Do what you think will be useful *once the renderers have caught up*.
If it is indeed useful, the renderers will eventually catch up. Also,
don't forget that the data is (and may be) used in many more ways
other than rendering an online map (e.g. in your case of business
names, this is necessary to be able to search for a business location
by name).