[OSM-talk] Twitter bots

Alexander Klink osm at alech.de
Thu Aug 20 07:31:55 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

This weekend, I hacked together a quick twitter bot,
which now tweets all changesets in a certain are (in
my case, Darmstadt, Germany) - see http://twitter.com/osm_darmstadt

I've found it quite useful thus far, on the one hand I write
better changeset comments, because I know they will be on
Twitter, on the other hand, I see what happens in my community.

If you want to run a similar bot, you can find the source
at http://git.alech.de/?p=osm_twitter_bots.git

Alternatively, I can add a bit of code to run more than
one bot at a time and run a few of them for you (until I
hit the Twitter API limits), I'd only need a name and a
bounding box for that.

Cheers,
  Alex