[OSM-talk] Lane turn restrictions

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Thu Aug 20 10:09:12 BST 2009

Roy Wallace wrote:
> But I agree with Tobias also - we should first create a "good
> concept for modelling the lanes themselves". Tobias, could you link to
> the latest/most promising proposal, if there is one?

If we already had a superior proposal, this would be a lot easier. What
we have so far is:

* a German-only page that lists some alternatives, mostly tag-based
solutions:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Germany/Workshops/Linienb%C3%BCndel

* a rather old proposal I've created myself (though I'm no longer
convinced it would work in practice, it's probably a bit too complex to
be widely used without editor support):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/lane_and_lane_group

* some unconnected suggestions like this talk page entry (that didn't go
anywhere so far, but a proposal based on the idea could actually work):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Advanced_footway_and_cycleway#Expanding_this_proposal_to_include_multi-lane_tagging

Tobias Knerr