[OSM-talk] Local Chapters Meeting Minutes WAS Re: Status of the Local Chapter working group

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 13:42:43 BST 2009

A quick reminder, there is a meeting scheduled for next Monday 24th to
discuss the Local Chapters.  There seems to be a lot of contention here
about what the right way to move forward is.  For example, many people feel
excluded by calls they can't participate in.
How about we take the approach that the License group have - anyone
interested can add comments to the Local Chapters agreement page and we can
discuss on the mailing list that is being set up for Local Chapters.  We
need a framework and dates though, otherwise Local Chapters will drift on
for another year :-( .

What I propose is that we set a date of the 18th September (4 weeks away) in
which we as a group of people interested in Local Chapters can discuss and
debate the way forward and then deliver a second draft of the agreement(s)
that will allow those Local Chapters who are ready to go to sign up and get
going.

In the meantime, we'll mainly focus on textual commenting.  If we need phone
calls, we can arrange them as needed.

Does this sound like a good way forward?

--
Nick

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM, John Smith <delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 20/8/09, John McKerrell <john at mckerrell.net> wrote:
>
> > Just a small observation but if conf calls aren't allowed
> > then I think
> > complaints that things move too slowly should also be
> > banned.
>
> I don't think any form of communication should be excluded, however
> decisions only based on conf calls is a different matter.

Nick Black
twitter.com/nick_b