[OSM-talk] Moving Map Application for eeebuntu

Marc Coevoet sintsixtus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:04:17 BST 2009

Hi,

I 've a GPS USB dongle from Gisteq, and it works ok with roadnav.sf.net
(this app is for navigation in US - you need to give a US state as part
of destination ...),
http://users.fulladsl.be/~spb13810/research/gisteqLivingRoadnav.png  (10
sats in my living room..)

I'm looking for a moving maps application, that uses geotiffs as
background...  Something like ttmpas, but for linux PCs..
http://jrepetto.free.fr/ttmaps/

The thing is I've got some tiffs (30% of Belguim), and I might be
looking for more...

See an example:  border between France and Belgium, coast to Lille/Rijsel.
http://users.fulladsl.be/~spb13810/research/ign/frontalier.tar.gz

Thanks !

--
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Deutsch, Suid-Afrikaans, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, ...
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/radio/swlist/