[OSM-talk] Tagging continuous flow intersections

David Paleino d.paleino at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 23:33:48 BST 2009

Hello,
I'm having some issues with the tagging of the so-called CFI -- continuous flow
intersections. These are junctions, often (if not always!) regulated by traffic
signals, where vehicles in a particular lane can freely go into one specified
direction, disregarding the indication of the traffic signals.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_flow_intersection
  http://imagebin.ca/view/SjGkG4.html

(sorry for the second link, don't blame me for my "talent" :-P)

Surely I'd put an highway=traffic_signals on the junction node, but how to tag
"continuous flows"? Sorry for not being clearer, please ask if you want/need
more details.

Kindly,
David

--