[OSM-talk] State of the NameFinder

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Aug 26 14:35:18 BST 2009

Hi,

Jonas Krückel wrote:
> Yep, sorry, I don't know why i missed that list, David already gave me
> a hint know. I will subscribe asap.

I'm not on that list either (yet) so let me continue abusing talk:

There's also an "OpenSearch Suggestion Service" by Wolfram Schneider
<wschnr at googlemail.com> (done with OSM data for the bbbike project) here:

http://bbbike.elsif.de/streets.html

He says that it can easily be run for whole countries/continents. It is
still somewhat beta (if I understood correctly, the largest problem is
that it can currently only handle one same-named street per region but
he's working on that). He says his software is open source "in
principle" and he'll share the status quo if anyone is interested,
otherwise he'll bring it into a better shape before releasing it.

Bye
Frederik