[OSM-talk] New dimension of vandalism

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 21:42:18 BST 2009

Thanks Mike, wise council.

What I think we have here is a disagreement, a deep seated discussion
which has been taking place over the entire history of the project, and in many forums.

IMO, the wiki should reflect the current collective thinking. If the collective thinking is in disagreement,
then the wiki should show both sides, equally, with _respectful_ disagreement.

Certainly a proposal can be worked out, and discussion can lead towards a practical solution satisfactory to all,
just like we always do it!

Whatever historically the Tag:Highway page has recommended should continue to be the main recommendation,
for the time being. Discussion on changes can take place in the Talk page, and in separate proposals.
Tag:Highway can give  a general description of the discussion, with a link to other proposals.

How does that sound?

Best
Mikel