[OSM-talk] Problems with the Multilingual Country-List

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Thu Aug 27 11:52:41 BST 2009

Hi

I'm sorry to tell you that there was a major issue with the Multilingual
Country-List that I didn't realize when it happend and now we to bite
the bullet and face the problem: There are 70 countries in the osm-db
that got lost in the list on 2009-08-21 between 17:00 and 18:00 for
unknown reasons.

I'm guessing that there was a problem with the API and my script was so
naive to beleive that no api-reponse for a node signs that it has been
deleted. This was practical for testing but obviously not in productivity.

I created a new update-process using the xapi and also removed those
idiotic deletes, but now I have to restore everything to the state of
2009-08-21 at 17:00. Thisw means that all ok-marks in the last 6 days
will be lost, but in exchange we could recover all ok-marks to those 70
countries in all languages that were at 100% before. I think this is the
lesser evil.

I'm sorry that this happened. The Multilingual Country-List is only an
personal, hacky experiment on how tools could interact with OSM, the
Community around it and how I could use the toolservers to make OSM
better - nothing more.

Peter