[OSM-talk] New dimension of vandalism

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:59:56 BST 2009

2009/8/27  <Lulu-Ann at gmx.de>:
>> Besides this, the German highway-definition already stated the tagging
>> according to "importance".
>
> Everybody, guess who changed it!
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=DE:Key:highway&diff=prev&oldid=288849

you are not working properly, it wasn't me changing the meaning of the
German page. You are pointing to a minor edit of mine to regain
consistence (the one that originally changed the page according to
standard tagging habit left this phrase out).
This is the Diff. where the "new" meaning was introduced:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=DE%3AKey%3Ahighway&diff=283195&oldid=279292

> Thank you for making me aware of that.

please be more carefull when accusing other people.

> Then let's vote on it and see if it is the practice of the majority.

all right, let's vote.

>> b) people refer more to the specific definition than to the general one.
>
> Then let's have a proposal that we don't need a general description and the specific definition is the good one (I'd agree I guess!)

no, it is IMHO important to have a general idea of how highway
classification works.

> When I started wiki edits I also thought my edits were the best and no approval was needed... If you have much time, read my changes history, there were also some reverts needed. I was always advised to make a proposal as far as I remember, and not to put it on the list.

don't know who you talked to, but I see lot's of strange wiki edits
and lot's of discussions on the Mailing-List. IMHO a wiki is not a
good solution to discuss.

> It really seems that we have a devided group of contributors, some on the wiki, some on the list and some in both.
> We need to reach all. The wiki proposal workflow does.

and don't forget the forum and IRC-channels ;-)

>> Did you set up a proposal to do so, that I can vote about?
>
> I did not change anything, I do not need a proposal.

yes you did. Why not revert the highway-page to the first version?
None of the intermediate versions was ever voted upon.

> I just wrote: "2000 is OK for me, let's have a look at tagwatch what would be included then."
> And then I had a look at tagwatch, and I found that only in Germany the top UNdocumented tag is used far over 100.000 times.
>
> addr:housenumber        344191

you are silly. That tag is far from undocumented and you know this.

cheers,
Martin