[OSM-talk] New dimension of vandalism

Christiaan Welvaart cjw at daneel.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 27 21:36:03 BST 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> 2009/8/27  <Lulu-Ann at gmx.de>:
>> You made a change after a discussion with 8 persons and not all did
>> agree. This is far below the limit for a proposal voting to become
>> approved.
>
> 1) there is no procedure to vote upon an edit like mine (see the
> guidelines linked above, that don't reflect your point of view)
> 2) I guess you did not see all of the discussion. I'm leaving out
> national lists and refer just to talk:

It seems your translation of the german wording is incorrect. In german it
talks about 'Verkehrsbedeutung' which does not sound so bad to me. But
'importance' is something else IMO. A road's importance can be different
for different traffic participants (or even non-participants), so it is
too subjective.

The following probably makes just as little sense, though ):

   "A way with the highway tag set is a road. The value of this tag
reflects the purpose of the road within the road network of a country. As
such, a proper definition of many of the values can only be found in each
country project. Some of these country-specific definitions are listed in
the International Equivalence table below."

     Christiaan