[OSM-talk] New proposal: Bad data

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Fri Aug 28 09:08:59 BST 2009

On 27/08/2009, at 9:09 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> I'd say the only thing you know for sure is that the source is unknown
> unless it is explicitly tagged. I wouldn't assume anything besides
> that. There are people who don't upload their traces (i personally
> always do) and who have all rights to not do it.

Not uploading traces is perfectly fine.

If someone doesn't upload their trace _and_ doesn't add a source tag,
then I'll assume that my GPS trace is more accurate than whatever they
used. I think that's fair, because all someone has to do if they have
an accurate way is let other mappers know that by tagging it.