[OSM-talk] Local Chapters Working Group Update

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:50:29 BST 2009

2009/8/29 Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>:
> As agreed in an earlier thread on talk [1] can we have an email list for
> this subject. How about talk-local? Can we have it now!

+100

Why are people being excluded from these decisions when I've
repeatedly told/emailed you that 6pm BST is unsuitable for a number of
interested parties in this process?

> Fyi, the 'proposed agreement' on the wiki makes no mention of a payment of
> £10, indeed the finance section starts "Local chapters and the OSMF being
> separate legel entities have their own sources of income like membership
> fees and donations and decide on their own what to do with their money.
> There is no automatic payment of money from local chapters to OSMF or vice
> versa" . Are you referring back to the original document? I believe we
> should all be working from the version on the wiki.

I really don't think it's a good idea to force people to automatically
join OSM-F, I agree that it should be encouraged but not mandated it
will deter people from joining both local chapters and OSM-F.

But of course there has been no discussion on this except for a few
that was on the last discussion about this.