[OSM-talk] New dimension of vandalism

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 11:40:33 BST 2009

2009/8/29 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/29 Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk at gmail.com>:
>
>> Ok, maybe I haven't explained myself succesfully (English is not my
>> first). It is more like street which goes trough yard (usually between
>> big apartment houses).
>
> How does that differ from highway=service ?

IMHO highway=service leads to commercial non-residental entities and
subjects. Service roads also doesn't have strict restrictions like
living streets do.

in my country's case, living street rules simply are equal with those
for yard roads (it is what rule book says :)). So it is clear cut
here. It could of course differ in any other country.

Anyway, I offered it as example, that user's judgement, carefully
vetted, is something we can depend on.

Cheers,
Peter.