[OSM-talk] Path in JOSM preset and motorcar=yes/designated

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Aug 30 08:24:59 BST 2009

Hi,

> Hi, I would really appreciate if the JOSM presets dictators could
> remove the option about motorcar in the JOSM presets dialog.
>
> We get on the french ML more and more complains about the confusion
> between unclassified, tracks, footway, path, etc. If in addition, the
> JOSM presets about highway=path suggests that a path is also for
> motorcars, we will never stop !

I agree there is some fuzzyness between unclassified, track, footway, cycleway
and path. But this fuzzyness cannot be removed just by changing the JOSM
presets.

> If a car can use it, it's a track, not a path.

I better should resist to abuse my dictatorship for tagging politics ;-) .
Anyway, I have removed motorcar from the list of options, as tagwatch does not
show significant use (10 times motorcar=no in Europe). If the removal triggers
some complaints, I'll reenable it.

HTH,

ce