[OSM-talk] Good routing vs legal routing

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 1 02:33:06 GMT 2009

Hi,

Steve Bennett wrote:
> Yep, you can almost imagine the interface:

I thought something like a slider from "100% legal" via "dodgy" to "I am
Judge Dredd" or so ;-)

> 10.3 km:    (*) Arthur Street (1.8km)   ( ) Footway through St John's
> Park (200m)
> 18.7 km: (*) Yarra Trail, Alexandra Parade (600m)  ( ) Steps (20m)

Munich has a (non-osm-based) cycle route planner where you can specify
whether or not you are willing to dismount and push for a short distance
if that helps overall speed. They will then of course only allocate
passenger speed for that leg.

Bye
Frederik