[OSM-talk] Non-junctioning crossing roads

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:14:54 GMT 2009

Hi all,
  Is it ever correct for two roads to cross physically, at the same level,
but not create a junction between them?

The situation I have looks like:

A-->-----+----->--B

With apologies for ASCII art. Cars go from A to B, or from C to D, but they
can't turn. It's controlled by traffic lights. So, do I create the junction
represented by the +, or just let them cross over? If I create the junction,
how do I stop routing software trying to make turns?

It's here if want to see it (Nearmap imagery):
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=-37.85348&lon=144.979389&zoom=20

Queens Rd southbound branches to become Lakeside Drive, crosses Queens Rd
Northbound.

Sorry for the noob question, just wanted to make sure I get this right.

Steve