[OSM-talk] Non-junctioning crossing roads

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Dec 1 23:26:36 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Steve Bennett wrote:
> With apologies for ASCII art. Cars go from A to B, or from C to D, but they
> can't turn. It's controlled by traffic lights. So, do I create the junction
> represented by the +, or just let them cross over? If I create the
> junction, how do I stop routing software trying to make turns?

Swap back to your pushbike, or your legs only, mentally.
On foot you can definitely and legally turn left or right.
So its a valid junction for pedestrian routing.

On the pushie, you could do a left turn with legal risks, or do a kerb jump to
manage the left turn. Probably not valid for pushbike routing.
Now add that to the relation you are making....