[OSM-talk] CORINE Land Cover import in Estonia started

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:19:07 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 17:10, Margus Värton <margus at dakar.ee> wrote:
> So my suggestion is to ask from Iceland's local environment agency or ministry.
> Actually I do not see much reason to reject Your proposal.

We've already looked into doing that but every ministry in Iceland has
an explicit policy dictating that none of its data or the data of its
subsidiaries can be released under a free license. So even though the
people we talk to may release the data they're restricted from doing
so by policies the ministries set.

I was hoping there might be some data there automatically processed
from Landsat imagery or something like that.