[OSM-talk] Divided roads proposal

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 13:13:16 GMT 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> Many of the example pictures have end cases that need to be handled by
> separated
> roads, so why not just draw the reality on the ground?

Because, as someone else pointed out, "drawing the reality on the ground"
isn't the only, or even, best approach for mapping. The slightly more
abstract "this is a single road, divided" works better than "this is two
roads" in some cases.

It seems to me that to almost any proposal you could argue "why not just
draw the reality on the ground?":
Q: Can we have a cinema tag?