[OSM-talk] Create two new categories for lawyers, architects, plumbers, etc

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Mon Dec 7 10:03:11 GMT 2009

> Seems fine for me. I'm still looking for a new key for jobs like
> lawyers, architects, notary, etc. It was suggested to use "office=*"
> in some older thread. I will create a similar proposal as yours on the
> wiki.

Yes, that's cool! It has been supposed to get a list from an external
resource (in Germany eg. the Handwerkskammer or Handelskammer) and use
this as a basis. The aim is to have a comprehensive list before going
into the proposal/vote phase, thus avoiding the problems with the grown
nature of the shop-tag.

Some of the listed crafts provide somehow also a service, eg. locksmith,
so there should be clear definitions how to distinguish between shop,
craft and <your service tag>.

Peter