[OSM-talk] Divided roads proposal

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:11:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> You could easily choose to not show secondary_link at scales of your
> choice.  Whether that is an improvement in rendering quality or not
> would be a judgment call and should consider the intent of your
> rendering and the interests of your audience.

Ok, but I was really thinking about the standard Mapnik run at OSM. And I
think it would take more than simply not rendering *any* trunk_links, for
example. It would have to check that the link was actually "redundant": I
think links that do a 360 or cross another road should always be shown, and
probably all motorway_links for that matter.

Steve