[OSM-talk] OSMF: The people you are going to hand over your OSM data ...

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Mon Dec 7 14:16:40 GMT 2009

I still think that you misunderstand me, or maybe I misunderstand you. I
thought that Jonh Smith was talking about users starting to map in
Google's MapMaker and I responded that I would never do that. There is a
big difference between CM, GF etc that use OSM and Google owning the
data and not sharing that raw data.

I have no problems with Google using my data, but only if others can use
it too, which means that the database should be accessible (the planet
dump). Your contributions are PD, which goes ever further, so you agree
with this?