[OSM-talk] Why PD is not better for business

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Dec 10 23:28:03 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 6:14 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/11 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> > It's not.  However, if we could convince businesses to "give back to the
> > community", it'd be better.
>
> If you feel that way, the ODBL would in principal be the better option
> to ensure it happens with a stick just to make sure.

I see no evidence that that's the case.  I don't think attempting to impose
a contractual agreement on others without their consent is going to work,
and I think there will be significant negative side-effects to such immoral
behavior.

Plus I think OSM is going to lose a huge chunk of the database over this.