[OSM-talk] indic fonts in mapnik, JOSM and Potlatch

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sat Dec 12 04:43:03 GMT 2009

hi,

I have been searching for a way to render indic fonts in OSM/mapnik for some
months and have posted here and elsewhere without result. Today I discovered
something called GNU unifont which has glyphs for all known languages.
Apparently this is used in the official OSM/Mapnik renderer. Anyway I compiled
mapnik with support for this font, and am able to render all languages. If
some kind soul could compile support for this in JOSM and Potlatch, it would
be of extreme help to us - currently all we see is little boxes when entering
text.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves