[OSM-talk] Ditches

Mike Harris mikh43 at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:07:57 GMT 2009

Mike Harris

I think there are two quite serious downsides:

1. When the waterway (e.g. ditch or stream) eventually links into other,
bigger downstream waterways (probably mapped by different people at
different times) these are very likely to be tagged (or assumed) as level=0.
But there is not usually a reverse waterfall at the junction! (this would be
water flowing uphill - as we go upstream the level  changes from 0 to -1
!!!).

2. Forgetting to draw a bridge - and give it a layer higher than what is
underneath - is naughty (:<) - but surely two wrongs don't make a right?