[OSM-talk] Countering Google's propaganda

Kevin Peat kevin at kevinpeat.com
Thu Dec 17 17:42:37 GMT 2009

Instead of trying to counter the googlespeak wouldn't it be better to think
about why they feel the need to do this kind of thing in the first place
rather than sponsoring an OSM based venture.  Similarly, why are companies
like waze trying to start from scratch rather than using our data for
realtime mashups?

If it is because of the license then we should take the opportunity to make
sure our new license is friendly to these kind of applications and uses as
what is the point of creating a free map if only a minority of people are
ever going to see it.

Kevin

2009/12/17 Jean-Marc Liotier <jm at liotier.org>

> The quality of OpenStreetMap's work speaks for itself, but it seems that
> we need to speak about it too

<snip>