[OSM-talk] Countering Google's propaganda

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 03:29:36 GMT 2009

2009/12/17 Jean-Marc Liotier <jm at liotier.org>:
> held. But in the eye of the public, the $50000 UNICEF donation to the
> home country of the winner of the Map Maker Global Challenge lets them

SteveC has already mentioned this, but offering financial insentives,
even if people can't profit from them directly, is most likely going
to cause a lot of copyright infringement, I just started wondering how
much of OSM's DB is going copied en mass to google as a result of
this.

Is anyone planning to keep an eye on this and/or file DCMA notices
with Google for data copied into their database?