[OSM-talk] Burning Man

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:25:39 GMT 2009

2009/12/18 David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com>:
> Of course, all photos should be geolocated in four dimensions of the
> space-time continuum not just lat,lon but lat,lon,altitude and timestamp.
>
> Silly? Perhaps a bit OTT at present, but...

Silly until altitude sensors/chips get a lot better...

> As maps extend into three dimensions (e.g. cityscape modelling and
> perspective terrain views) people will want their photos located not

The Japanese already want 3D stuff just for road navigation since
there is a lot of multideck road ways, having routing software know
what deck you are on is very useful

> Actually if photos are geolocated like that, they also need a reference
> datum stored too - how else will the space tourists of the future locate
> their photos on the moon and on Mars?

So we should be using star trek co-ords and star dates?

> OK, back to the real world...

Or is it the twilight zone?