[OSM-talk] Burning Man (was: revert changesets??)

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:16:00 GMT 2009

2009/12/19 Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com>:
> I prefer the principle of least surprise when working with OSM data.
> The most basic analysis of the data should have the least gotchas
> possible. So we should avoid tagging things as "This is a foo. (By the
> way, no it's not)" and "This is a baz. (Psst, it was a baz three years
> ago, but not any more)" - especially when there are many different
> caveats we can put on the information.

I'd love to bury my head in the sand and pretend things are always
simple assumptions too, but unfortunately the world has vastly
different ideas and you can either accept them or not, but it's
clearly obvious some people want to map these types of temporary
things, and even past things like the Pompai example.