[OSM-talk] [Tagging] tagging Greenways

Mike Harris mikh43 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 19 08:25:46 GMT 2009

Mike Harris

Mike Harris says ... Tentatively ...

I fear that 'Greenway' is one of those words where the English language is a
bit unhelpful. I certainly recognise the US/Canadian definition from my
sojourns there ... But equally I find that here in England it tends to mean
a linear way (rather than park), usually multiuser, usually not a public
right of way, usually created by a local authority to enhance local leisure
/ environmental facilities and usually in an urban or suburban area.

Maybe we should avoid the term ... And thus the considerable ambiguity?