[OSM-talk] Cross-renderer tag support, now with OSMdoc!

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:45:21 GMT 2009

2009/12/19 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:
> It's not up to a "statistical tool" to judge about tags in this way.

Then do it right and include details of the last 6 weeks or so etc,
are you interested in what's current or what was current 2 years ago?

> I want to see what *is* in use by renderers, documented in the wiki and
> used by mappers, not what people think that should be there.

You controdict yourself, since what people think should be there is
just the step before they tag something, without better references of
when this was valid thinking it's hard to tell if it's a new trend or
and old dying trend and people should do something else instead.

> *That* gives the wiki editors, rendering rule writers, ... a good
> overview what the current situation really is.

Not really, since you are taking a view of old data mixed with new,
this isn't a good representation of the current situation, it's an
average of what has happened over the life time of OSM.

> P.S: Map features don't even mention that abutters are to be phased out

Considering how easy it can be to game things to put them on the map
features page, and considering how easily other people dismiss what is
documented there is that a valid argument any more?