[OSM-talk] Cross-renderer tag support, now with OSMdoc!

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 18:08:11 GMT 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 17:17, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/20 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Lars Francke <lars.francke at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Another limitation is that the data is from sometime in August 2009.
>>> I'm currently rewriting OSMdoc to be continuously updated and to
>>> include historical data.
>>>
>> Cool, what do you mean by "historical data" though? Do you mean slices at
>> different points in time, to spot trends, as was suggested in this thread?
>> Or something else?
>
> People are putting together a historic API based on the full dump from
> OSM, maybe you could pull data from it to suppliment your results?

I don't want to turn this into an OSMdoc thread. A few (sometimse
technical) details can be found on the blog [1]. I've already
implemented the history stuff and am in the process of importing the
complete data.

At the moment I take daily snapshots of the usage counts for each and
every key and value. I believe daily shoud be enough but should there
be a real need for even more fine grained data I could decrease the
interval. This data would allow to see the tag distribution at any day
in OSM's history and trend data could of course be derived from that
but at the moment I do no further analysis on the data. That might
change.

Any feature requests are welcome but I'd suggest doing that in a
different thread or via private mail.

Cheers,
Lars

[1] http://osmdoc.blogspot.com/