[OSM-talk] List of changes from API only gives target tile of moved node

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 20 20:17:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

Andre Hinrichs wrote:
> Then why does Mapnik show the same behaviour than T at H?

The osc file doesn't list the old position of the node. You could find
out by querying your local database for the old position but this is
deemed too much cost for too little gain.

> Does creating the changes via osmosis have less limitations than the API
> way? If yes, which?

You can generate a list of changes for any interval (provided you have
the matching .osc files available of course), and for any zoom level.

> Anyway, if not many services use it (except T at H) it would not create a
> high load on the server, so why drop it?

I think it is certainly an "odd one out" among the API calls; no other
API call concerns itself with tile numbers of a spherical Mercator
projection.

Bye
Frederik