[OSM-talk] Google launches "Indigenous Mapping" workshop

MP singularita at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 23:25:48 GMT 2009

> But what if that population then consists entirely of Map Maker users?
>  Is that really beneficial for OSM? I know what you're saying, but it
>  is reasonable to expect Map Maker users to jump ship to OSM? Is that
>  even what we should be hoping for?

If just one of them discovers OSM somehow, finds out it is better
(they can have the map data back, unlike mapmaker where they can
'only' view results on google, plus more types of data are supported -
footways, various POIs ....), then he may tell others about it and
then maybe entire such mapmaker community will gradually come to OSM.
:)

Martin