[OSM-talk] How to manage GPX files?

Aun Johnsen lists at gimnechiske.org
Tue Dec 29 23:12:41 GMT 2009

I wrote my own scripts based on bash, sed, tar and the java class GpxUpload.
Basically I made it because there was something wrong with the output of my
GPX tracks from the GPS (think regional settings was applied on the tags) so
I had to clean the GPX files before they could be uploaded to OSM or loaded
in JOSM. If you are running Linux or Mac, than bash scripting is really not
a big deal. Since GPX is an XML standard file, than most command line text
manipulation tools could be applied.
If you run Windows you might want to install Cygwin in order to allow bash
scripting, though I have no idea how much of the scripting that will work.
If you run Mac than AppleScript can be an alternative, though I havn't even
started to look at that since it also comes with bash.