[OSM-talk] Key:smoothness

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:16:23 GMT 2009

Richard Fairhurst schrieb:
> Ulf Lamping wrote:
>> I guess you want to missunderstand this tag.
>
> The tag name should be descriptive. If there's widespread misunderstanding,
> then the tag was misnamed. (And besides, the "wheeled" point still doesn't
> address that what's good for an MTB is bad for a tourer.)

Again, the proposal page actually handles the point MTB vs. tourer.

Yes, if it would use descriptive terms it might solve some problems. But
if you think of a better solution it gets really difficult to find
better terms thats aimed towards something.

One could use 1-10, but that's even harder to recognize.

>> Do you know a *walker* with wheels?
>
> http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=wheelchair

There's a *lot* of irony in your answer ...

>> Do you know a horse with wheels?
>
> http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=trojan+horse

Ok, let's say were not tagging for trojan horses and our turkish mappers
will probably be very happy ;-)

On the other hand, this might better fit into the category "heavy load"
which is probably a different story ...

Regards, ULFL