[OSM-talk] Potlatch readme gone?

Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Wed Feb 4 08:03:17 GMT 2009

> Sentences like "Read the Beginners Guide, because due to the fact that
> Potlatch is written in Flash, is is not as intuitive to use as other
> software!" don't exactly help

Before I started using (sorry : trying) Potlatch I had Flush disabled
due to the problems websites using Flash create when browsing
(of which the least nuisance are the delays, and publicities )

I could have not warned the user he is using flash, but if your right Mouse click says:

"about adobe flash player" and "settings"
which refers to "allow openstreetmap.org to access your microphone and camera"

the new user might need some explanation.

My intention was to warn the user he is using an other software layer
as he might expect, with odd user interfaces, of which not all are
the responsibility of the programmer.

Gert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)
 Before printing, think about the environment.