[OSM-talk] [Tilesathome] setting up a server for a country

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Wed Feb 4 15:39:39 GMT 2009

Etienne Cherdlu schrieb:
> Kenneth
> There's a specific tilesathome mailing list where most of the t at h people
> hang out.  I've copied this post to that list, I'm sure someone there will
> be able to help you.
>
> Etienne
>
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I want to set up a server for rendering OSM for my country - can someone
>> point
>> me to documentation on how to go about this please?

I highly recommend looking into mapnik rendering instead of tiles at home,
especially if you only want to render a part of the world.
Tiles at home, while very up-to-date is a very inefficient rendering
process and work has been put into enabling mapnik to be as up-to date
as t at h can be. (see up-to-date bookmarklet by crschmidt)

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0952°N 8.8652°E