[OSM-talk] Key:smoothness, value:Good - summary

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Wed Feb 4 19:07:40 GMT 2009

Sam Vekemans wrote:
> Hi all,1st off I got the page set up better now :)
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:smoothness%3Dgood
>
> BTW The page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:smoothness
> and the page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Approved_features/Smoothness
> should actually be merged, as the page ALSO lists the values.
>
> I organized the page so we have 'discussion FOR' and 'discussion AGAINST'
>  so that should encourage people to list explanations in the right place.  I
> think that the talk page should be more for the 'Overall Wiki page
> discussion', as technically speaking, the 'discussion:For' and 'against' is
> actually part of the map feature proposal process.
> ::We submit ideas, talk about it with examples, then refine our ideas until
> a satisfied answer is found.
> (in contrast, submitting ideas like headings to be changed, and
> content omitted/added.. is needed for the talk page)

I don't understand: the original key:smoothness proposal was accepted,
why would we need a new rfc/approval process for each separate value?

If you want to propose a slew of new values to replace the
good/bad/horrible series for smoothness=*, why not create a new page for
that (or contribute to the existing proposed "usability" key or "surface
unification")

-Alex Mauer "hawke"