[OSM-talk] [tagging] Towpath relation: voting open

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Feb 5 13:31:50 GMT 2009

Thomas Wood wrote:
> Because so far (with exception of the enforcement relation)
> relations have not been voted in, but been accepted once they
> gain a significant usage in OSM.

Absolutely.

I'm not sure why the need for a specific towpath-waterway relation. Why not
just have a general-purpose relation for "association"? It could be
augmented with a type if need be, but that's probably unnecessary - if one
member's a canal and the other's a towpath, you can deduce it from there.

We have a general-purpose relation for routes, rather than a specific cycle
one, a walking one, and so on.

cheers
Richard
who has spent the last n days mapping the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal
(sadly not for OSM)