[OSM-talk] enclosed areas => borders

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 03:17:50 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am working on how to import the Australian suburb boundaries. I have
these as a set of shapefiles that define an enclosed area for each suburb.

The suburbs share many points in common and the outline of one
areas overlays the outline of the neighbouring suburb(s) as would
be expected.

It's fairly easy to de-dupe the points that make up the shape, but I'm
struggling with the next part I want to do. I'd like to split the areas in
sets of borders between the two adjoining suburbs. While I believe I have
an approach, it's looking annoying and complicated.

So, does anyone know if there is a 'standard' algorithm for doing this ?

thanks

--
Franc