[OSM-talk] enclosed areas => borders

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 01:03:43 GMT 2009

There are over a million points defining all the suburbs that are in the
data set.
90% of these nodes are going to be shared at least two suburbs as the only
place
where suburbs don't border suburbs is at the coast.

It's not clear as to whether which format the data should be imported yet,
the talk-au
list is discussing this at the moment, personally I am not leaning either
way at the moment.

However, I still want to be able to split the areas up, even if I put them
back together again.
I want the option of doing curve simplification, and this gives bad results
if it's done on
two closed areas that share nodes.

--
Franc