[OSM-talk] Maritme borders

Gustav Foseid gustavf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 19:57:07 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Gustav Foseid <gustavf at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not intended to solve all problems with tagging of maritime
> borders, just as a temporary way to tag these borders without causing
> bubbles around all coastlines in all general purpose renderers.

Some more progess has been made on the wiki page, and I suggest everyone
interested in the topic of maritime borders head over to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Maritime_borders

It would be nice if tagging of these borders could be solved soon. A
"formal" proposal with wiki voting is probably the best way forward for
these tags, with a page cleanup, RFC and a following vote within a couple of
weeks. I am no big fan of the wiki vote procedure, but it is the best we
have.

 - Gustav