[OSM-talk] Long Ways and API 0.6

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Mon Feb 9 16:29:03 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Matthias Julius wrote:
>> What I don't like here is that this leads to duplication of data.
>> Super-relations are fine, but IMHO tags should be moved to the
>> super-relation.
>
> They should, but I would postpone that until later.

Yes.  I just like to bring this up once in a while to nudge people
into thinking in that direction. ;-)

> The same is true with today's superways - tags should really be moved
> from the way into the relation but we can wait with that until everyone
> knows how to handle a superway.

I'm just afraid you can wait forever here.  I am not saying that
people are too stupid to grasp the concept.  It is more a matter of
motivation to deal with the issue.  I think a prerequisite is support
in the main renderers.

Matthias