[OSM-talk] Mapnik updating more frequently?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:59:26 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 10:04 +0000, Harry Wood wrote:
> Grant Slater wrote:
> > David Lynch wrote:
> >
> >> Is the mapnik render now updating more frequently than once a week?
> >> I'm seeing buildings that I added a couple hours ago appearing on
> >> there before even Tiles at Home/osmarender gets to them
> >>

> > Ssssssh don't tell anyone.... :-)
> > Congrads to Jon Burgess and team.
> >
> > Consider it beta for now. Most style changes are still only imported
> > once a week.
> >
> > Regards
> >  Grant
> >
> Took a while for anyone to comment hey? This is a big improvement which
> I think will help massively with getting new mappers hooked on the
> project. We should sing it from the rooftops  ...but I understand Jon
> Burgess and others are monitoring it to see if the tile server keeps up
> with it OK. Hope the change sticks!

I should have announced it, but you all know now :)

The tile server is currently importing the hourly diffs and it seems  to
be operating well. I want to start using the new tile expiry code in
osm2pgsql and then I'll move over to importing the minutely updates.

There may be some cases which don't work correctly when applied as a
diff so I'll still run a weekly import each Wednesday.

	Jon