[OSM-talk] OSM on The Reg

Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Wed Feb 11 11:37:18 GMT 2009

On of the comments:

>I took a look, and blow me down, my road was missing. So I registered, and tried to add it. I failed. A project that's all about the people adding the >roads, and I couldn't for the life of me work out how to add a road.
>An "Add Road" option, maybe? Oooh nooooo, nothing like that. (I managed to move a few other roads around accidentally while trying things, but I think >I managed not to save those changes.)
>I won't be going back.

Here we see how a Newbie meets OSM : a missing  "Add Road" option.
I think he is representative for a lot newbies....
What can we learn from that ????

(I suppose he tried Potlatch)
Could a few small help buttons with  a label readin (add road) leading
to a basic help page do something for this guy ??
Or could some macro system help him ?

ert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)
 Before printing, think about the environment.