[OSM-talk] "News blog" link - to blogs.openstreetmap.org?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Mon Feb 16 10:31:46 GMT 2009

On 15 Feb 2009, at 14:29, 80n wrote:

> So, what makes opengeodata.org the official OpenStreetMap blog
> anyway?  It's linked prominently on the OSM front page.  Who
> contributes to it?  I have an account there and most posts appear to
> be from OSMF board members but I don't know if all board members
> have an account and in the past there have been posts from non-board
> members as well.

Would it be appropriate for the foundation to have its own blog (from
the foundation.openstreetmap.org website). This would be for
foundation directors to post about foundation matters.

I suggest that there should also be a more general OSM blog at
blog.openstreetmap.org where a range of OSM bloggers who are 'trusted'
can post of OSM news. The way of moderating 'trusted' bloggers would
develop over time as has the process for choosing the 'image of the
week'.

I suggest that opengeodata is a separate thing and should loose its
close association with OSM.

Regards,

Peter