[OSM-talk] "News blog" link - to blogs.openstreetmap.org?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:02:27 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2009, at 00:18, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > SteveC wrote:
> >> As you both know several years of work went in to that blog, and
> >> not  just by me.  Maybe you should both think twice before
> >> dismissing it all.
> >
> > It would help if, instead of
> >
> > * singling out participants ("you both"),
> > * making false allegation (that they wanted to "dismiss it all"), and
> > * implying that their postings are thoughtless ("think twice")
> >
> > you would simply do your part in answering the valid questions
> > raised, namely by 80n and, after your posting, Gustav:
>
> Because 80n knows the answers Frederik, this is called politics.

NOT politics at all.

In my post, which appears to have been misinterpreted, I asked three
questions.  Two were rhetorical and answered in the following sentence:

So, what makes opengeodata.org the official OpenStreetMap blog anyway?  It's
> linked prominently on the OSM front page.

> Who contributes to it?  I have an account there and most posts appear to be
> from OSMF board members but I don't know if all board members have an
> account and in the past there have been posts from non-board members as
> well.

The rest of my post was largely informational, sharing my knowledge of the
current situation and this was followed by my third question which was:

So who's got any ideas or suggestions?

Steve, I don't normally write rhetorical questions, its not my usual writing
style, so I'm sure you misread my post and responded impulsively.  But,
perhaps you can provide some ideas or suggestions about how to make it
clearer what each blog represents.

80n