[OSM-talk] "News blog" link - to blogs.openstreetmap.org?

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:48:17 GMT 2009

Having thought about this a bit overnight I personally feel that the project
should have an OSM specific blog that gets used for OSM community
announcements, worthy news items and OSMF announcements. Announcements are
easy as they report fact and it's just a matter of deciding if the
announcement is worthy of publication on a blog or not. News is a little
more subjective so needs a little more care. OSMF stuff is easy because OSMF
can decide internally before an announcement is made.

If the OSM community can establish a small moderator group they could
receive potential blog posts from anyone, the "image of the week" approach
as suggested by Peter. The group would hopefully also deal with language
issues if a post needs putting up in more than one language (alternative
versions perhaps on the wiki for instance).

It would also be nice for OSM to have a permanent archive of Steve's
personal blog posts to OGD that he and others made about the development and
progress of OSM in the early months/years. Steve, would you be ok with those
entries being copied?

Cheers

Andy